Credit Union Membership
DOCO Credit Union serves over 36,500 members living in all 50 U.S. states. Our broad array of products, services and account access options are designed to meet differing needs in a convenient, affordable manner. Membership is open to individuals, who meet one of more of the eligibility qualifications listed below.
Apply For Membership
Who Can Join?
There are many ways to qualify for membership at DOCO Credit Union:
- 1. By working for a company that is a DOCO Member Group.
- 2. By residing in Baker, Calhoun, Colquitt, Clay, Dougherty, Early, Mitchell, Quitman, Randolph, Stephens, Stewart, Terrell, Thomas, Webster or Worth counties in Georgia.
- 3. By being related to a person, who is already a credit union member or is eligible to become a credit union member (spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins).
- 4. By being a member of The Getting Ahead Association.
- 5. By being retired from a business (or former business) that is a member group.
Why Should Your Company Become A Member Group?
In the event you do not qualify for membership based on the criteria listed above, you can always ask your employer to become one of DOCO’s member groups. Or, maybe you are a business, who would like to add credit union membership privileges to your employee benefits package. There are many benefits of being a DOCO member group such as the following:
- 1. Possibly the only employee benefit that is of absolutely no cost or liability to you as an employer.
- 2. Every employee, regardless of job or income level will become eligible to open an account at the credit union.
- 3. Paperless payroll options such as Direct Deposit & Payroll Deduction help you reduce expenses associated with paper checks and allow employees instant access to funds. Choosing to allow employees to utilize Payroll Deduction (a portion of their paycheck deposited directly to a credit union account) will also help your employees establish a savings safety net.
- 4. Because DOCO is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative, any earnings we make are returned to members in the form of lower interest rates on loans, higher dividends on deposits, and low-cost or free financial products and services.
- 5. Allows you as an employer to provide your employees with a smart financial alternative, which in many cases saves individuals from costly fees associated with pawn shops, pay day lenders and check cashers. Every employee will have access to a full-array of financial services with no annual or monthly service fee requirements.
- 6. DOCO offers a unique set of products and services to the "Underbanked" sector:
- Fresh Start Checking
- Small loans beginning at $250
- Privilege Protection overdraft coverage
- Share Secured Loans for building or establishing credit
- Free check cashing for members
- Complimentary financial counseling
- Money Orders
- 7. DOCO is available to conduct FREE financial programs/seminars for your employees.
- 8. Every member is eligible to receive FREE Identity Theft resolution services.
- 9. Account information is secure at DOCO CU. We respect our member’s confidentiality, and all accounts are insured up to $250,000 through the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. government agency. IRA's (Individual Retirement Accounts) are separately insured up to an additional $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
How Can Your Company Become a Member Group?
If you feel credit union services fit the needs of your organization, please contact us today at (229) 420-8247 or (800) 227-9180 x8247 for more information on how your company can become a credit union Member Group.